Skip to main content

Come out from the Safety of Aso Rock Villa to Promptly Activate Visible Action in Kano as ECOWAS COVID-19 Response Champion, PDP Tells Buhari

Come out from the Safety of Aso Rock Villa to Promptly Activate Visible Action in Kano as ECOWAS COVID-19 Response Champion, PDP Tells Buhari

Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has charged President Muhammadu Buhari, the ECOWAS COVID-19 Response Champion, to come out from the safety of Aso Rock Villa to promptly activate concrete and visible action to investigate and arrest the situation in Kano State, where Nigerians are dying in their hundreds.

The opposition party demanded an immediate investigation into the disturbing mass death in Kano State, calling for a presidential visit to the state, where no fewer than 640 citizens had reportedly died under mysterious circumstances in the last one week.

The party’s call was predicated on conflicting reports emanating from Kano State on the cause of the sudden deaths particularly at this time that the nation is battling with the spread of COVID-19 pandemic.


PDP noted with "dismay that the Buhari Presidency had failed to take any concrete step on this frightening development, but is, as usual, waiting to be prodded to stand up to the demand of the office and proceed to Kano State to identity with the people, find solution and contain the ugly situation."


The party described...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMF may approve Nigeria’s $3.4bn loan today

   There are strong indications   that the Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund may approve the $3.4bn loan sought by Nigeria on Tuesday (today). Although the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, had on April 6, while announcing that Nigeria had applied for the loan, said the funds were expected within six to 12 weeks, Reuters and Bloomberg reported that the IMF would meet over the request today. The reports quoted unofficial sources in the IMF. If approved, the loan would be among the largest allocations by the IMF to an African country in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is expected that the IMF Executive Board would approve the loan having already approved similar requests for several countries. According to the IMF, about 102 countries applied for aid as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The IMF Managing Director, Kristalina Georgieva, had in a statement on April 7 said the organ...

Coronavirus - FG seeks COVID-19 patients for herbal drug trials

The Federal Government says there are pharmaceutical processes and standards that must be observed before endorsing any proposed herbal or homegrown drug for use by coronavirus patients in the country. The Minister of State for Health, Olorunnimbe Mamora, made this known on Friday during a briefing by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 in Abuja. He said the health ministry would soon meet with scientists, researchers, and traditional medicine specialists in the country who have registered that they have one drug or the other for the treatment of Lethal virus. He noted that the National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control would test such drugs to ascertain whether they are fit for human consumption, adding that such drugs would undergo clinical trials and this would require a few COVID-19 patients to willingly accept that the drugs be tested on them. Responding in Yoruba Language to a question asked by a reporter from an indigenous TV station, the ministe...

CORONAVIRUS - Osun records third COVID-19 death

Osun State Government on Saturday announced the death of another COVID-19 patient, taking the number of death linked to the disease to three in the last week. Also, three health workers that had initially tested positive to the disease in the state have fully recovered.The State’s Commissioner for Health, Dr. Rafiu Isamotu, in a statement, said the deceased in her late 60s died at the isolation centre in General Hospital, Asubiaro, Osogbo. Isamotu also said COVID-19 index case in the state had been discharged after spending thirty-eight days in isolation. He explained that the case had arrived in Osun State from the United Kingdom before being taken into the Isolation Centre, and subsequently to the care facility, where he received medical care for 38 days. He was said to have tested negative twice for the virus. He recalled that the health workers had last Wednesday, tested negative for COVID-19 but had to be subjected to a second round of tests, in line with the protocol of...