An All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain and ex-Lagos state governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has reportedly taken tests for COVID-19 - Tinubu took the test as a precaution following the death of one of his closest aides on Friday, April 24 - The results of the tests, which also included Tinubu's personal aides, are expected on Monday, April 27 The Cable is reporting that former Lagos state governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has submitted his samples for coronavirus testing by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control. According to the exclusive report by the online newspaper, Tinubu and some of his very close aides took the test on Saturday, April 25 as a precaution following the death of one of the politician's aides just over a day ago. Legit.ng could immediately verify the report but the news medium quoted sources as saying that the results of the tests are expected on Monday, April 27. Just in: Identity of Sokoto's COVID-19 index case revealed The report hinted that although the aide was not suspected to have died of coronavirus because of his failing health, samples were, however, taken from his corpse for testing. The close aide to Tinubu, a national leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress, died on Friday, April 24, in an undisclosed hospital. The aide, Lati Raheem, was the chief security officer to Tinubu before his death.
Osun State Government on Saturday announced the death of another COVID-19 patient, taking the number of death linked to the disease to three in the last week. Also, three health workers that had initially tested positive to the disease in the state have fully recovered.The State’s Commissioner for Health, Dr. Rafiu Isamotu, in a statement, said the deceased in her late 60s died at the isolation centre in General Hospital, Asubiaro, Osogbo. Isamotu also said COVID-19 index case in the state had been discharged after spending thirty-eight days in isolation. He explained that the case had arrived in Osun State from the United Kingdom before being taken into the Isolation Centre, and subsequently to the care facility, where he received medical care for 38 days. He was said to have tested negative twice for the virus. He recalled that the health workers had last Wednesday, tested negative for COVID-19 but had to be subjected to a second round of tests, in line with the protocol of...

Comments